- How do I inquire about solo engagements with your orchestras or choruses?
- Where can I find details of your next concerts and how to buy tickets?
- How do I inquire about booking you for concerts, opera and ballet performances, last minute or deputising work?
1. How do I inquire about solo engagements?
Please inquire via the 'Contact' page, with your c.v. (2 pages maximum) and repertoire list. Inquiries are welcome in person or via your agent. Recommendations from professional musicians and supporting material, including press reviews, are welcome, but maximum three of each. It is possible to offer solo engagements to a small minority of applicants. Interest in or willingness to perform non-standard repertoire, with specialist expertise (including languages for singers), is welcome. Please consult first the websites of the organisations with which you are interested in working, so that proposals are specific and appropriate to their resources, venues and circumstances.
2. Where can I find details of your forthcoming concerts and how to buy tickets?
Click on Diary for full details of UK performances and venues. A box office telephone number or website is included under each concert for ticket bookings.
For non-UK concerts, please use the 'Contacts' page for country-specific information of where James Ross is performing. Preferred languages for inquiries are English, French, German, Swedish or Russian.
3. How can I inquire about booking you for concerts, opera performances or rehearsal deputising?
Inquiries are welcome via the 'Contact' page, including for deputising and for guest work. Last-minute jump-in requests will be fulfilled when available. Guest lecturing on a wide range of music-related topics is possible depending on rehearsal and performance schedules.
The repertoire page lists over 900 works conducted, including opera, symphonic and choral music, from Baroque to contemporary. These can also be viewed under individual categories, e.g. opera, symphonies, concertos, string orchestra, contemporary, for easier reference. Other scores can be prepared, including at short notice if appropriate.
A DVD of live performances, professional references and press reviews are available on request.
FOR STRING QUARTET INFORMATION, PLEASE USE THE BUTTON BELOW.